Thursday, September 11, 2008

Redefinition

What is this thing, this misshapen shadow?
This twisted, deformed remake of a man on a cross?
Disproportionate and inaccurate, this life that I lead
To try to become a reflection of You.
I am bold enough to call it yours;
You are humble enough to call it beautiful.
And what I once called whole, I now call broken.
What I once called good, I now call a downfall.
What I once called great, I now call small.
What I once called death, I now call life.
What I once called ignorant, I now call wise.
What I once called mine, I now call yours.
And what I once called sin, I now call grace
For what is sin, but a thousand little roads
Seeming to knock me off course,
When what they really do is bring me
A small step closer to You.

No comments: