I stood there, on the precipice of something great.
On the Cliffs of Decision, I was on the edge.
I looked out over the horizon that stretched a thousand miles.
The wind was blowing hard, but I wasn't cold.
I looked down into my hand – there it was. The problem.
I held in my right hand the Words you spoke.
They pulsed with life, moving through my arm and into my body.
In my left, I held the weight of a deadly vice, poisoning me.
I felt it also enter my body, and I felt a war.
As the hope and warmth arose from my right,
A sick and a cold spread like cancer from my left.
The wind persisted, forcing me to the very edge. I peeked over.
The chasm fell down like eternity, going only to the very center of the earth.
"You need me." A darkness was with me.
My stomach lurched when the vices whispered.
A choice. That was what was put to me.
Suddenly, a trip, a single moment that felt like an eternity.
I was falling, as the weight of my sin pulled me faster and deeper.
Into the belly of the earth, I could not breathe anymore.
"Let go." Someone else was here.
"I can't. I don't know how. It's too late for this."
"Never." Courage filled my body, as the cold shrinked.
And there, in the deep chasm, as I fell, I opened my hand.
Finger by finger until there was nothing.
A pair of silver wings carried me up, over the chasm.
I breathed the fresh air. I saw the horizon.
The beautiful sun enveloped my body in warmth.
My hands were open, yet they were full.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment